A social prescriber can support people to access and find out about a range of different things in Darnall and Tinsley but also across the city, such as:
- Physical activity sessions
- Services for support to eat healthily
- Activities to improve mood and help feel more positive
- Find out work or training opportunities
- Activities to help meet new people and make friends
- Help with finding out what is happening in the local area.
Our Social Prescribers will spend time with a person on a one to one basis either face to face or over the phone, to understand what their wants and needs are, and help to turn that into a plan. They can also refer them on for additional support, if needed.
After the initial appointment, our Social Prescribers will then keep in contact to see how the person is doing and see if there is anything else they may need support with.
Ask your GP (in Darnall and Tinsley) to refer you by asking for a referral to Darnall Well Being. Or you can self refer by calling our office (0114 249 6315) or dropping into Darnall Primary Care Centre on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30-11:30am.
“A lady attended an appointment with her mum; it became apparent the whole family wanted help to ‘point them in the right direction’