What is a Health Trainer?
Health Trainers are skilled in working one to one to help you improve your health. They can help you to identify how your habits might affect your health and wellbeing. They then enable you to change your behaviour to improve your health. Health Trainers are local people who know their community.
Health Trainers can work with any adult thinking of making a healthy lifestyle change.
Health Trainers are NOT personal trainers or physical instructors and do not give medical advice
Darnall Well Being Health Trainers are friendly, understanding and supportive. This service is free and confidential.
If you want to become healthier but don’t know where to start, a Health Trainer can point you in the right direction, and give you the information, encouragement and strategies to make and maintain that change.
They will help and encourage you to achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle. You can self refer or ask your GP or other professional to refer you.
Health Trainer support
- Health advice and information
- Healthy eating
- Losing weight
- Managing a long term condition (such as diabetes or chronic pain)
- Getting more active
- Referral to other services
What can a Health Trainer offer?
- Support, encouragement and motivation
- The chance to set your own personal health plan goals
- 6 – 7 sessions on a one-to-one basis at your local GP surgery or venue in your local community
- Showing you how to take control of your health
- Referral to other services and activities
Our team of Health Trainers are able to support clients with the following languages:- English, Urdu, Punjabi, Lithuanian, Arabic, Slovak Roma, Jamaican Creole and Somali.
Contact Darnall Well Being Health Trainer Team:
Office: 0114 249 6315